The April edition of the BV magazine, sent as always from the heart of the Blackmore Vale, is out just in time for a leisurely bank holiday weekend read 🙂
Online only – read it here https://bit.ly/BVlatest
In this issue:
- Although initial fears around the recent Poole Harbour oil spill have been calmed, eventual long-lasting effects are still unknown.
- Dorset is one of worst counties for raptor persecution, says RSPB, after poisoned birds are found. Following the successful prosecution of a Dorset gamekeeper for rural crimes, Andrew Livingston spoke to the RSPB about the scale of the issue
- In 2021, Brad Jones had a nightmare motorbike crash at Brands Hatch, followed by three weeks in a coma. Now he’s back on two wheels.
- Blandford’s Crown Meadows plan – an act of philanthropy or a Trojan horse? North Dorset MP Simon Hoare objects to a planning application to site 40 caravans as temporary refugee homes.
- For more than 30 years, Natalie Wheen was an ever-present voice on our radios, with weekly shows on BBC Radio 3, Radio 4 and ClassicFM. After a lifelong career presenting music, writer and radio presenter Natalie Wheen found it a challenge choosing just eight discs.
- Meet the Dorset woman working to preserve a British breed of pig which is rarer than the Giant Panda.