Pay rate: £14.00
Shift Pattern: Night and days available, 12 hour shifts, 7-7
Team Brain Injury Support is one of the very few homecare providers working across the country who specialise in supporting children and adults with a brain injury and other neurological conditions. We are proud to say that our dedicated team members support people in their own homes to live their best quality of life and assist them in better accessing their community.
We are also committed to the continuing development of all our staff, so we can empower them to lead fulfilling careers in care.
If you are resilient, reliable, empathetic and looking for a role that truly makes a difference to someone else’s life then we want to hear from you.
Support Workers cover all manners of support for others – from companionship and days out, to personal care and housekeeping. At Team Brain Injury Support, you’ll be working with someone living with complex care needs and receive fully paid, on the job training. So, whether you’re an experienced support worker or completely new to the sector, you’ll have the opportunity to build your skills in a safe and trusted environment.
Skills, Knowledge and Expertise
Requirements: Female only, medical care
We are looking for dedicated personable support workers who are based in the Marnhull area.
You will be supporting a teenage lad who has Spinal Muscular Atrophy resulting in profound muscle weakness, overnight ventilation and gastrostomy fed. Your role is to meet their medical needs, personal care and day to day assistance.
Full training given prior to and starting your new role.
You’ll need to be:
- Caring and approachable attitude
- Patient and welcoming
- Helpful and reliable
- Access to Westfield Rewards – an exclusive rewards website, with access to special offers on all your favourite goods and services from over 1,000 leading online and high street retailers, restaurants , travel companies and destinations
- Access to the Blue Light Card discount scheme
- Opportunity to obtain NVQ’s in Health and Social Care
- Fully paid on the job training, with shadowing in place
- Fully paid DBS
- Progression opportunities within the organisation
- Pension enrolment
- Access to Westfield Health Cash Plan
- 24/7 management support
- A great Refer a Friend scheme – receive up to £500 through our Care Friends rewards scheme when you refer a friend or family member.
About Team Brain Injury
Based in Southampton, Team Brain Injury was developed from a division of our sister company, Team Medical, to become our own company in 2007.
Since 2007 we have grown to a 20 person strong team in the office, including in-house training, recruitment, nurse lead assessments and care planning, and a robust 24/7 out of hours on-call service.
With over 150 Support workers across the south of England and southern Wales, we provide support to service users with varying degrees of Acquired Brain Injury.
Providing the necessary care and support to our service users is a demanding role, this is why we focus on the ongoing training and development of our support workers, ensuring our service users receive the level of support only high calibre staff can provide.
To Apply click the link – https://bit.ly/BVsupportworkerTBI