We seek to appoint a creative and dynamic Communications & Content Assistant to work as part of the Communications, Marketing & Events team, promoting Milton Abbey’s unique educational offer and celebrating our students’ achievements.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate excellent communication skills, both formally in written tasks and multimedia content creation, and interpersonally in how they work with other people. They will be familiar with different marketing channels – including social media, websites, and printed publications – and know how to create content that is tailored for different audiences and channels.
This will be an exciting role, working closely with our teaching staff and building the support of students, to tell the story of the school and bring to life our ‘Learn Differently’ approach.
This is a permanent position and applications from those wishing to work full-time or part-time (at a minimum of 26 hours to a maximum of 40 hours per week) are welcomed. A salary of £11.66 per hour (equivalent to £24,252 annual full-time salary) is offered, plus additional benefits including meals during duty times and the use of the school’s facilities.
Consideration can be given to the post holder becoming a residential member of staff if they have a suitable skillset and desire for this.
Applications must be made on the school application form. To download a full job description and an application form please go to https://www.miltonabbey.co.uk For help, please contact HR@miltonabbey.co.uk or HR on 01258 880484
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Wednesday 4 January 2023, although applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and interviews of suitable candidates may take place before the closing date. Early applications are advised.
Milton Abbey School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The appointment will be the subject of an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service. Additionally, please be aware that Milton Abbey School will conduct online searches of shortlisted candidates.
This check will be part of a safeguarding check, and the search will purely be based on whether an individual is suitable to work with children. To avoid unconscious bias and any risk of discrimination a person who will not be on the appointment panel will conduct the search and will only share information if findings are relevant and of concern.
Please note that our school is a no smoking site.
www.miltonabbey.co.uk Registered Charity No 306318
TITLE: Communication & Content Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Admissions & Marketing
JOB PURPOSE: To undertake duties in support of the work of the department, in marketing the school across all channels.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Head of Communications, Marketing & Events (Head of CME)
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Support the production of high-quality marketing content in-line with specific, targeted campaigns and to support day-to-day marketing activity
• Create accurate and engaging content – including photographs and videos – to share the narrative of the school
• Design printed material using the Adobe Creative Suite
• Produce and update content for the school’s website
• Support with emails or other messages sent to parents.
• Grow and maintain the school’s digital asset library (images, video, publications and templates)
• Maintain awareness of marketing events and opportunities relevant to school life
• Undertake marketing tasks and provide advice to colleagues as directed by Head of CME
• Support Head of CME with whole-school and marketing-led events (to include creating marketing materials for these events)
• Carry out any other duties commensurate with the role at the reasonable request of the Head
Experience, Skills and Aptitudes
o Excellent written English and communication skills
o Strong organisational skills and capacity to take initiative
o Ability to multitask
o Computer literate with experience of using Microsoft software (Outlook, Word and Excel) and the Adobe Creative Suite
o A collaborative and constructive approach
o Strong interpersonal skills
o Previous experience in communications, marketing or events
o Educated to degree level or equivalent experience in Communications, Marketing, Multimedia Production, or a related field