Are you a Electrical, Mechanical and Instrumentation (EM&I) Technician who has an electrical bias? Or are you more mechanically bias and looking to further develop your skills set in electrical work? If so, we are looking for someone to join our team of Technicians who can bring a can-do attitude and a flexible approach to working.
What’s the job?
We are a close-knit team of skilled technicians who are renowned for the quality of our work. We pride ourselves on our staff development and that means you will have great opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge on the job.
The Electrical Mechanical and Instrumentation team provide 24/7, 365 days per year operations. We’re looking for a committed individual who can be flexible in their work pattern to meet the demands of the department. We ensure the operation and maintenance of water treatment works, network boosters, boreholes and reservoirs so they are compliant and meet quality standards.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will be to ensure the effective operation of plant machinery and equipment, as well as carrying out fault finding, diagnosis and resolution.
You can also expect to:
- perform plan preventative maintenance (PPM) and reactive maintenance on electrical, mechanical and instrumentation breakdowns
- carry out electrical and mechanical installations
- produce condition reports on plant/assets
- visually inspect and carry out condition monitoring on assets
- review PLCs and Scada systems to identify trends, performance and investigate potential issues
- carry out chlorine and sulphur preventative maintenance on dosing systems and breakdowns
- work on chemical dosing systems
- collaboratively work with site teams and contractors
- understand supply assets and our design standards to provide the best possible service to customers
- manage critical spares and spares lists
- deliver a first-class health and safety approach to work
- deliver work to a time scale under permits.
Please note, we work in a 24/7 operational team, so you will be required to cover out-of-hours call-outs as part of a standby rota.
What do I need?
We are looking for an experienced Multiskilled Technician or an electrically bias technician who is self-motivated and can work with minimal direct supervision.
If you are a mechanically bias technician, who is looking to develop their role into a multiskilled position, then we would consider for the role.
In addition, you will also have the following:
- City and Guilds, Btech or NVQ level 3 or above
- experience working with three phase power and control circuits
- fault finding skills
- computer literacy
- PLC programming and fault diagnosis
- experience working with chemical and gas dosing systems
- mechanical repair and maintenance experience.
It is essential that you hold a valid UK driving licence, as this role will involve regular travel across the Dorset area, which is often to rural sites.
Benefits for you
- Pension – up to 20% combined contribution.
- 25 days’ holiday rising to 28 with length of service.
- Opportunity to buy and sell up to five days’ holiday.
- Health benefits package.
- Life assurance (up to four times your salary).
- Electric vehicle salary exchange.
- Flexible working.
- Cashback and discounts from over 1,200 retailers.
- Paid volunteering day.
- Enhanced family leave.
- Interactive health and wellbeing platform.
- Support from mental health first aiders.
- £1,000 referral fee if you recommend someone to work for us.
What will you get from us?
Our people tell us Wessex Water is a great place to work, and they stay with us! We are proud of how we support development and career progression. We have a wealth of both financial and non-financial benefits to offer our people and are committed to ensuring we provide an environment that supports health and wellbeing and flexible working.
We continue to promote diversity and inclusion. With that in mind, we welcome all applicants.
We are delighted to have signed the Armed Forces covenant and are a Disability Confident Employer. Applicants who declare they have a disability or have previously served with the Armed Forces, and meet the minimum requirements for the job, will automatically be invited for an interview.
Please let us know if you require any additional support or adjustments to assist you in starting your journey with Wessex Water.
If you have what it takes to join this award-winning business and want to be part of our exciting journey and share in that success, then please get in contact with us to find out more.
Closing Date 13/12/22
Department Operations Location Dorset
Starting Salary GBP 27,500 to 34,500 per annum, dependent on experience, plus a monthly performance bonus, a company van and tools/ PPE
Package 40 hours per week, pension scheme up to 20% combined contribution, 25 days annual leave, rising to a maximum of 28 days with 5 years’ service.
Click the following link to apply – https://bit.ly/wessexwElecBV