Kicking off with the Letters to the Editor, we’ve then had some fascinating conversations with some well-known local personalities, including Sonnaz from the Repair Shop (who answers our 19 random questions), and Athelhampton’s owner Giles Keating sharing his Dorset Island Discs:
- Letters to the Editor – listen to what others think (our postbag is always open – send emails to email@example.com )
- Sonnaz Nooranvary is a British-Iranian upholsterer who lives near Wimborne, best known as the resident upholstery expert on BBC One’s The Repair Shop. This month she braved the BV’s Random 19 questions.
- Filleting since he was 14 – meet John the Fish, Wimborne’s fourth generation fishmonger with no better fish to fry when it comes to his life choices.
- Pies, pasties and sausages are on the menu at Yeovil-based Wild and Game as they promote the use of wild British game into our diets.
- Giles Keating, the owner of Athelhampton House, one of England’s finest Tudor manors, has overseen a major plan of maintenance on the much-loved building. He shares his story through his Dorset Island Disc choices – be ready for Dr Who, LEGO and Taylor Swift.
The BV magazine is the monthly digital magazine from Dorset – you can read the entire latest issue here and why not subscribe (it’s FREE!) so that it drops into your inbox every month on publication day? Just click here!