August’s digital Blackmore Vale magazine is out – read it free here https://bit.ly/BVAug21FS – take your time, it’s an absolute corker!
This month in the digital Blackmore Vale magazine
- last week armed police chased suspected hare coursers near Blandford, arresting four suspects – we have the details, plus why illegal hare coursing is still an issue (p.4).
- we’ve beautiful imagery of the crop circle on Okeford Hill – and have looked at the impact to the farmer (p.6)
- We have Kate Adie (KATE ADIE!) answering our Random 19 questions this month (p.60). Journalist, war correspondent, broadcaster and author… she’s been a personal inspiration for decades. Imagine my disappointment at her attitude to dunking chocolate digestives.
- Local girl Honeysuckle makes history: the record-breaking racehorse has this week became the first mare to be crowned Leading Hurdler by the TBA (p.42).
- Britain’s Best Bangers – officially found in the tiny village of Ludwell (p.8 )
- We attended Dorset Chamber’s trailblazing event ‘Talking Menopause’ – the online business event was so groundbreaking it made the BBC news.
- The ‘alpaca-shaped evil nemesis’ of Andrew is already causing comment (p.52)
- Oh, and Thomas Hardy fans will probably wish to skip Andy Palmer’s column this month… (p.26).
- I seem to say it every month – but this month’s Reader’s Photography submission pile was our biggest and best yet. Do take your time to appreciate those pages (p84-87). This month’s stunning cover photo of the hiding roe deer is by Marilyn Peddle, and the astonishing night sky image as always by RPN Photography.
https://bit.ly/BVAug21FS (remember we’re *never printed*, the only place to read us is right here online)
It’s our anniversary edition – we’d just like to say a huge thank you to everyone who has read, liked, commented and shared over the last twelve months.
Do pass us on – you can share the whole magazine, but most people hit the share button just for a particular article.As always, feel free to come have a chat. Coffee’s at 11 (we’re lying, obviously. Every hour is coffee hour), and we like posh biscuits.Laura & Courtenay