Friends of Stour Connect are pleased to announce the re-opening of our community projects in line with the Government roadmap
For the past 12 months or so, our concentration has been on the Covid 19 Action Group, where we played a major role, and whilst we are still assisting with food parcels, collection of prescriptions, and many other tasks, now feels the right time to safely re open.
The following projects have or will be re- opened.
- Connect to Employment, our specific employability and life skills scheme for people with additional needs. Free places still available. This scheme is delivered with qualified volunteers, and individual learning and skills programmes for attendees
- Community Café, open Monday to Thursday 8.30am til 1.30pm. Including our new Social Breakfast every Monday morning (all welcome). Discounts for NHS, Care staff, carers, teaching staff and posties by way of a thank you.
- Twice but Nice, charity shop, open Monday to Thursday 8.30 am til 2pm. Great range and fantastic prices. Donations always welcomed. Monies raised go straight to our projects.
- Mens Shed Stour, a friendship project for all based on woodworking, recycling and repairs. New members welcome. Open Tuesdays and Thursdays each week
- Life is for Living, a café/gardening project for people with memory loss/ a diagnosis of dementia. New referrals welcomed. This project re-opens 19th May 2021. We have provided this service via Computers and Phone over the lockdowns and our attendee numbers have increased.
Our very successful Meals on Wheels scheme has provided for increasing numbers of local people (across North Dorset) during the lockdowns, thanks to the support from our wonderful delivery volunteers. Through our fundraising we have been able to provide increasing numbers of meals for free or at discounted prices. This has assisted people with hospital discharge, as well as assisting carers. We are happy to deliver occasional meals or daily meals. Please phone for details.
We hope that roadmap leads us into better times, particularly as we have more community-based projects in the planning, and details of these will be released shortly.
We touched on earlier the importance of our volunteers to us, and we had such a fabulous response to the initial lockdown. As we re-open we could always do with more volunteers. So, if you are looking to volunteer in a friendly, fabulous supportive environment please get in touch.
01258 471359 (Sheryn or Andy) or email@example.com